Pages: 1
Posted on 04-26-15, 06:13 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle
Intérieurement fou... ou juste idiot?

Since: 07-27-13
Basically, I gave myself the challenge of spriting Sylveon for a 3D game.
I have absolutely no spriting skills or comp-drawing ones in general, so yeah.

And here's an unfinished walking animation (at least for the front frame.) Sorry the img tags are hating gifs.

So, laughable, bad, awful, vomited or ocular tumors? =3
Excuse me for the cyan font too, it's the color the game considers as translucent.
Posted on 04-26-15, 07:22 pm
Goomba

Since: 09-23-12
Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

The gif is not bad at all. I would give it more movement in the animation (and maybe that it can close the eyes, for example). The Sylveon in the final image has an odd ears, and I would make the outlines darker in all the images, specially in the final one.
Posted on 04-26-15, 08:33 pm
Buster Beetle

Thanks for that.
I'll try to fix the ears asap (This also applies to the second standing frame.). For the outline, are both pink and white needing a darker shade?
I'm affraid that the pink will look awful because of the game's palette. and the fact that it's the color that you can change in Multiplayer so it needs to be in a range of 5 shades too, but 5 should be enough.

And for the gif, where should I add movement? I thought about the ears but I doubt walking is fast enough to make them move. Same would go for the bows. As for the eyes, I'll look about that. I made the walking animation within 4 frames but I can put 4 more if I need to.
Posted on 04-26-15, 09:56 pm (rev. 1 by  CreativiPie on 04-26-15, 09:58 pm)
Pokey
me some orange juice my hand

Since: 09-24-12
Actually, these aren't really fails, or at least in my opinion. Seriously, they're cool for their size.

Also, what game? I'm curious

EDIT: Actually, the GIF has a little something. It doesn't look like it's walking. More like... idk, scratching the floor with its legs?
Posted on 04-27-15, 04:20 am

Since: 05-14-14
Those are actually pretty cool if you ask me. Way better than I could do, also impressive considering you say you don't have skill in making sprites.
Posted on 04-27-15, 06:19 am (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

Posted by CreativiPie
Actually, these aren't really fails, or at least in my opinion. Seriously, they're cool for their size.

Also, what game? I'm curious

EDIT: Actually, the GIF has a little something. It doesn't look like it's walking. More like... idk, scratching the floor with its legs?

Thanks too, I did those with the only help of my Omega Ruby pokedex.
For the game, it's Sonic Robo Blast 2 (A modification of the source engine.) that since its newest version allows Lua scripting too, which allowed me to add an HP system instead of the Rings one.
As for the gif, maybe I should raise the legs by one pixel, but because of the vertical size that doesn't exceed 60 px, I'm affraid of the result.

By the way, an in-game screenshot: (It was an older version of the sprite with a darker shade of white, no AA at all and different bows, got lazy to make another, sorry.)

Posted by Tierage
Those are actually pretty cool if you ask me. Way better than I could do, also impressive considering you say you don't have skill in making sprites.

Thanks. As I said I got help by my pokedex. My IRL hobby of drawing Sylveon helped me a bit too. Even tough it was way trickier because of the size. I could've used the game's char scaling option but it looks like vomit.

EDIT:
Here's the front-right walking animation (Was a pain in the ass to do.)
I also fixed the problems reguarding the ears and the eyes perspective that felt weird compared to the Pokedex.
Even tough, I didn't animate the eyes IN the walking animation; I'll probably use Lua to do this kind of thing; it allows to do much more complex animations. Same goes for the darker outlines, I feel like this white actually fits and doesn't need those darker outlines that much. (I'm still giving it a try soon.)

(I'm aware about the black pixel, I fixed it already )
Posted on 05-03-15, 08:42 pm (rev. 2 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

More uglyness.
I changed the way the ribbons were posed too, so it's unaccruate if you compare it with the previous gif.
This was a fucking pain in the ass to do.

It also gets blurry and some pixels are changing colors for some reasons. I could fix it by reuploading the images, but I'm a lazyass.
The back and sides ones are also completed, they need more polish, and the back one also needs the new ribbon pose.

EDIT: Also got lazy to get the AA done.
Posted on 05-09-15, 02:05 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

Some in game footage with the Lua bullshit!

Made the comparison with Sonic, in case you guys don't believe in my awsum Lua skillz! The game's palette made the Pink less colored, but this is not really a problem. I've yet to make the "HP" and the slash flash red when Sylveon is on low health to fit the Sonic style.
(Ignore the hurt frame, it's not even made yet so I've put a placeholder.)
Posted on 05-13-15, 07:46 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

Some new gifs!
This is nearing completion. Only few new frames and this is good to go.

Posted on 05-16-15, 08:10 am (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

Fear the 5 posts in a row!

Not as effective as in the Main games, but eh.

Posted on 05-17-15, 05:13 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:15 am)
Buster Beetle

Well, why not?

I had to battle with the game to let Sylveon turn Super in the first place, as ONLY Sonic is supposed to be able to do it.
This also means Super Sonic sometimes flash blue for some reasons.

And because it cannot spin, here's the Peel'out!

Needed a lot of lines in the Lua lump, I mean, really.
Posted on 06-06-15, 03:25 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:16 am)
Buster Beetle

Oh hey, it's not dead yet!

(The website kinda fucked up the colors on the ribbon, also I feel like there's a part where the right ear (from our POV) screws up.)

I even have a video! (Forget about that dummy channel, I found back my old one's password.)

(Oh well, just another post here just getting overlooked, but I never let down.)