Pages: 1
Posted on 06-28-11, 07:50 pm

Since: 06-28-11
I figured out, when I make a auto scroll level, it doesn't work. Why?
I have made it 100 % the same, as the original! Even the Block 2 (Camera) is the same.
I cant help anymore-.- The path just won't move.

Sometimes the path works, but then, the path only goes into the direction, I first set.
Example:

Something interesting I found out, for those which dont know it yet:

Posted on 06-28-11, 08:23 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
That's interesting.

The auto-scroll paths is the ONLY thing we haven't figured out yet.
I think some of the unknowns controlled also circular turns in the paths, instead of a sharp corner turn...
Posted on 06-28-11, 08:28 pm

So my only chance to get it to work is, to test, test, test and test....
I will try all. If I can get it to work, I will wirte back.

BTW: When I was a Noob in NSMB Hacking, I got it to work one time. But that was, when I was working on Yellow Super Mario Bros, and I did not know, that Path Editing is a fucking cool thing, so I did not note anything-.-
I am such an idiot....... :@
Posted on 06-29-11, 04:31 am (rev. 1)
Shyguy

Since: 12-02-11
Posted by NsmB_PrO
BTW: When I was a Noob in NSMB Hacking, I got it to work one time. But that was, when I was working on Yellow Super Mario Bros, and I did not know, that Path Editing is a fucking cool thing, so I did not note anything-.-
I am such an idiot....... :@

Yeah, I did the exact same thing. Didn't take any notes 'cos I thought everyone knew how to do it.

Anyway, I've tried it again and managed to make an Auto Scrolling (water) level work. Still testing a few things though.

Edit: Trying to make it go right then up, but it just keeps going right.
Posted on 07-03-11, 07:08 am (rev. 2)

Eureka!
I could make a working path, what can go to ALL directions!
But I dunno, what I have done. I just filled the "Auto-Scroll-Start"-Sprite Data with Random Crap...

EDIT: I have just figured out, that even the path can't scroll into an empty 16x16 block. (If no objects are in it).
Pages: 1