Pages: 1
Posted on 08-03-14, 02:15 pm
Micro-Goomba

Since: 07-13-14
Hi everyone I would need to know if there is a possible way to import not the complete tileset (i know how to do that) but only one part of it at a time. For example, I replaced the Bowser Jr's battle tileset from NSMB by the Tower Boss Battle from NSMBWii. Problem is: There is no spikes in this tileset I imported and that means I can't put spikes on a Bowser Jr battle if I want to. I guess you know what I mean, and I would like to be able to do this with any object I loose when I replace a tileset. Because almost all the tilesets I import are solid normal filling blocks, but there's no other random objects like ropes, boss doors, bowser statues, anything that is not pure tileset blocks if I can say. Is there a way to do this? Please let me know it would be much appreciated

Guicreator2

Posted on 08-03-14, 07:25 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
You're asking for a feature in the editor that allows you to copypaste objects between tilesets, if I understand it correctly.

This is not doable (in a reasonable way). The reason is an object uses Map16 tiles, which in turn have tile behaviors, and use 8x8 tiles and their palettes. Copying an object into a tileset would require finding free 8x8 tiles, then adding the needed 8x8 tiles in these free slots, make sure they work well with the palette (or recreate the palette, degrading the image quality every time you import an object). Then the same for the 8x8 tiles, then add the object.

Due to the way tilesets work, it's not possible to do this automatically in a way that makes sense and won't make your tileset look like crap.

If you want to add an object to a tileset, you can always edit the tileset, adding the tiles and the object. It's not that hard
Posted on 08-05-14, 02:24 pm
Micro-Goomba

Since: 07-13-14
Thank you very much @Dirbaio
Pages: 1