Pages: 1
Posted on 08-06-11, 06:25 pm (rev. 1)
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
Hey guys,

I have a question about Mono, Mono Develop, Microsoft .Net, and Visual Studio.

With the Mono builds, my builds, and the different frameworks, we now have four possible combinations:
Mono with Mono build
Mono with Visual Studio build
Microsoft .Net with Mono build
Microsoft .Net with Visual Studio build.

But, we've got some more problems. First, our compilers treat the .Net code a little differently from each other. Also, our frameworks executes the programs differently too.

So basically, it's possible to have some combinations share the same issues, and some setups have it's own entirely different issue.

I don't think we can handle support for four different setups. We don't have enough manpower to do so much testing in a reasonable time. Plus, you also have to consider how you are going to code the solutions.

So the ultimate question is, how are we going to deal with this?

Posted on 08-06-11, 07:45 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
In theory, code compiled by both compilers, in both frameworks, should work fine.
And, as far as I've tested, it does. The SVN builds are done with the Mono compiler and they work fine. And I've used NSMBe in Mono since the 4.x versions and it's perfectly usable.

There are problems on rare occasions.

- HexBox not working in Mono framework. This is understandable: it uses system calls specific to Windows.
- Mono compiler can't compile ImageList resources. Solution is simple: don't use ImageList resources.

I don't think this is much of a problem.
Pages: 1