Pages: 1
Posted on 06-26-13, 05:58 am
I am random… very random.

Since: 01-17-12
Many people who jailbreak today,will end up with a slow iDevice because they don't know that they have installed a lot of tweaks,utilities and themes.If you haven't realized by now,tweaks that you install from Cydia use Mobile Substrate,a directory that holds what can be removed and can't when the iDevice has a sudden crash.Mobile Substrate takes a huge amount of Random Access Memory,or more known as RAM,just to load all it's directories to the root of the iDevice.Your RAM is your “Speed” and it is what your iDevice needs to load everything on your iDevice.

If you are experiencing some slowness due to your high number of installed tweaks and themes,follow this guide to have more RAM on your iDevice…

1.Install “iPhoneVM 2” from Cydia

Installing this package will give you more RAM but depends on Mobile Substrate,so you might get 20-40 MB more of RAM at the most.

2.Remove all apps from the multitasking

Remove apps from the multitasking so that they won't run in the background.The more apps in the background running,the more RAM it takes.

3.Respring

Sometimes you might just need to reload your Springboard.

4.Rebooting

The iDevice's processes are still running,rebooting will help the device to stop it's current processes and begin again with the main processes only.

5.Free more RAM

Use X-Sellize's “MemoryBooster” to increase your RAM.Incase you dont have X-Sellize's repo,add “http://www.xsellize.com/

6.Disable your Winterboard Themes

Did you know that Winterboard themes not only take more battery but also take up more RAM?If you didn't know,now you do.Disable some themes you don't need and you will have more RAM.

7.Disable Mobile Substrate!

Disabling Mobile Substrate is relatively easy if you have “SBSettings”.Disabling Mobile Substrate give you a lot of RAM because M.S uses about 20-40% of your RAM.However,M.S being disabled,you cannot use tweaks,utilities or some themes from Winterboard because they rely on the disabled directory.

8.Remove unneeded tweaks,themes and utilities

Removing tweaks will help you a lot from having a slow system.

People who jailbreak and have a slow system think that they have very little GB left and that they should remove some apps.THAT IS NOT TRUE!GB only give you more space to STORE new downloaded software not to use it as RAM.RAM is totally different from GB.

Not all iDevices have the same amount of RAM.Below is a list of the average RAM of each iDevice…

•iPhone [Average RAM = 400 MB]
•iPhone 2G [Average RAM = 450 MB]
•iPhone 3G/3GS [Average RAM = 500 MB]
•iPhone 4/4S [Average RAM = 800 MB]
•iPhone 5 [Average RAM = 900 MB]
•iPod Touch [Average RAM = 133 MB]
•iPod touch 2G [Average RAM = 200 MB]
•iPod Touch 3G [Average RAM = 215 MB]
•iPod Touch 4G [Average RAM = 256 MB]
•iPod Touch 5G [Average RAM = 512 MB]
•iPad [Average RAM = 600 MB]
•iPad 2 [Average RAM = 700 MB]
•iPad 3 [Average RAM = 800 MB]
•iPad with Retina Display [Average RAM = 850 MB]
•iPad Mini [Average RAM = 900 MB]

The more RAM you have,the better.Hope this tutorial helped and if it did,send over some coffee!
<Silvreus>It has been 1 month, 4 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds since I last remember being lazy.

Posted on 06-26-13, 11:22 am
Newcomer

Since: 11-08-12
Man,good thing you posted this bro or else I would've had to restore my iPad.I don't think I can send you coffee or even virtual coffee…sorry.
Pages: 1