Pages: « 12345
Posted on 04-08-14, 07:51 am
Death by cuteness

Since: 05-01-13
Thank you for the feedback.

The animated munchers can only be used with a tileset who have the quicksand animation since this is what I used to put in the 4 frames (well really 3 different frames only since frames 2 and 4 are the same).

Oh and Arceus it does look like the Wii version because I directly ripped the animation from NSMBWii hehe (with zoom -2 to have the best rendition possible), but somehow the slower animation really fits NSMB DS; and the more I look at it, the more I think of NSMB DS as a beta NSMBWii, I mean look at the "end of level castle", NSMBWii's has been the norm since but NSMB DS's really looks like a beta version lol.

Oh yes, before I forget, yesterday I accidentally a glitch :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mpcuk

This can only performed while mini, the space between the Banzai Cannon and the ground just above it is normally narrow enough so even Mini-Mario can't get through.

Somehow when the Banzai Cannon fires, it expands and contract quickly, and (based on observation only) it seems to change the Cannon hitbox for the duration of the animation, seize that opportunity to get Mini-Mario in the passage (might take several attempts).

As you can see in the video, the ceiling is so low that you simply can't perform a jump, but that doesn't mean anything since you can enter a pipe facing down without even having to jump, just pressing up will do.

Funny thing is that I discovered that completely at random while I was fixing a broken Input ID in W2-Castle, of course you can't do that in the original NSMB since the only 2 Banzai Cannons in the game are ceilingless.
Posted on 04-15-14, 09:37 pm (rev. 1 by  MeroMero on 04-16-14, 07:08 am)
Death by cuteness

Another glitch :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1orco9

Yes you can enter horizontal pipes even though there's no ground below, but you have to be mini.
Posted on 04-16-14, 07:08 am
Mariomaster

Since: 06-09-12
Do you mean this video?

Looks like there were many Mini-Mario Gltches. How did you find that out?
Posted on 04-16-14, 07:10 am (rev. 4 by  MeroMero on 04-16-14, 08:26 am)
Death by cuteness

Completely randomly, but yeah Mini-Mario physics allow you to do some shenanigans that would make Kaizo hacks proud (not that I support Kaizo hacks).

There's also another glitch that I found but this time doesn't work with Mini-Mario :
_use the Rising/Lowering mushrooms (239)
_use them in such a way that they will rise high enough to eventually reach a ceiling
_once you reach the ceiling, Mario/Luigi will fall through the mushroom !

I swear I also manage to do that once with Moving platforms (68/69) but I can't for my life replicate it.

EDIT : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1orz0n
Posted on 04-16-14, 09:37 am
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
But if you can use these glitches like you did with the star coins they are nice ^^

I also found a glitch some time ago: video

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 05-11-14, 11:04 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Closing by request of  MeroMero.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Pages: « 12345