Pages: 1
Posted on 09-02-12, 09:13 pm
Buzzy Beetle
Just watching...

Since: 07-01-11
Hi i wanted to ask you something, i just bought a Kingston - DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive and it came with urDrive so, i want to ask you, is it good? bad? should i use it or delete it? has any of you tried it?
Posted on 09-02-12, 09:34 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
I have an 8GB model and it came with urDrive.
Personally, I haven't used.
But I deleted it because I am somewhat skeptical about these kind of programs.
Also, one of the features it has is to scan your PC with Norton. Just because it has Norton, I recommend you don't use it, since Norton fails and may ruin your PC.

IMO, I dont think you will need any of the features urDrive has, so I recommend you delete it.
(anyway, you can download it again and/or see its functions in the kingston web page)

Posted on 09-03-12, 01:11 am
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
is that some of these programs that come from usb drives that are supposed to do "extra stuff"?

Remove it. All of them are crap.

Maybe copy it somewhere else before erasing it from the USB in case you really need it later, but I don't think you will.

Also keep in mind some "features" only work with admin access. I once had a USB drive that could be password-locked, and it came with a little tool that locked/unlocked the drive. Turns out you could only use it if you're admin. So if you want to use the usb on a machine you're not admin on and the usb is password-protected, it just didn't work. And of course it was windows-only
Posted on 09-04-12, 03:40 am, deleted by  Dirbaio: GTFO ;)
Pages: 1