Pages: 1
Posted on 08-20-12, 03:24 pm
Newcomer

Since: 07-14-12
This is a hack that is based on various Mario games including Super Mario 64, NSMB Wii, etc. I will post screenshots & videos soon. This hack is going to have:

- New Super Mario Bros. 2 Levels
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Levels
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii Tilesets
- Custom Backgrounds, from Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros. Wii & Super Mario World
- Custom Maps
- Custom Music (using Orengefox's Sound & Music Hack)
- More Difficult Levels

Beta 1: Late August or Sept 2012
Final Release: May 2013

Beta Testers are wanted; you will be asked for your email and be sent an email 2-3 times a week.
Posted on 08-20-12, 03:29 pm
I am random… very random.

Since: 01-17-12
You should have release a beta before you made this thread.

http://nsmbhd.net/?page=thread&id=638
<Silvreus>It has been 1 month, 4 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds since I last remember being lazy.

Posted on 08-20-12, 03:54 pm
Newcomer

Posted by MK7
You should have release a beta before you made this thread.

http://nsmbhd.net/?page=thread&id=638

I forgot! Anyway, here's the link, but the hack is still glitchy!
link: nsmbhd.net/get.php?id=443
Posted on 08-20-12, 04:00 pm
Buzzy Beetle
I am UO, not UFO.

Since: 08-28-11
Hmm... Is this a remake?
You know that remakes are uh... Unoriginal, be prepared.

Also if you wanna use NSMBW tileset, you could recolor or mix them, because as  Dirbaio said, too many hacks use them, I am planning to change or remix them, too.

Posted on 08-20-12, 04:09 pm
Newcomer

Posted by unknown object
Hmm... Is this a remake?
You know that remakes are uh... Unoriginal, be prepared.

Also if you wanna use NSMBW tileset, you could recolor or mix them, because as  Dirbaio said, too many hacks use them, I am planning to change or remix them, too.

But do you want to be a tester and part of the staff? You edit the jyotyu and i edit the rest. You can also fix some errors. BTW, this is not a remake.
Posted on 08-20-12, 05:48 pm (rev. 1 by  Hiccup on 08-20-12, 05:49 pm)
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
Another thread with the same feature list and no progress whatsoever and no description of what it is about.
Do you want people to be interested Super Duper Hacker?
Then why do you make a thread with incomplete stuff like this.
Basically this is rubbish you changed hardly anything in 1-1, you used the music hack, your using NSMBW tilesets, you have copied things from other people.

And the way you ask for peoples help.....

I don't know whether people should ignore this or ask why?

It just encourages other people to do the same thing, and this happens on RVLution as well.

The problem is these "hacks" are trashing the NSMB Hacks fourm.

I will accept that this hack is incomplete. But I will not accept that you made a thread for it, you copied other peoples work and your now asking for help without even describing what the project?

These sort threads should be trashed immediately.
Posted on 08-20-12, 06:16 pm
☭ coffee and cream

If  Dirbaio approves, I'll gladly trash this.

Levels and backgrounds from other games, and Orengefox's sound/music hack which every copycat already used... this is the most unoriginal hack project I ever came across.

Either be original or don't hack NSMB. But don't be such a fucking copycat. Nobody wants a hack with stuff they could find in already-existing games or hacks.

zrghij
Posted on 08-20-12, 06:24 pm
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
I could at least pass this if it was using your own custom level, but even, another hack here has almost the exactly same goals as yours. You could atleast use the tilesets, even if they have been used like 9000+, or try to modify them and create custom levels.
yes, some people will think I am biting myself too, but no.

Posted on 08-20-12, 06:36 pm (rev. 2 by  Hiccup on 08-20-12, 06:36 pm)
Birdo

@Mega-Mario
It's not just that its un-original
Even if it was the most original idea in the world.
It is still incomplete and of no interest to anyone.
Threads with incomplete hacks are OK if you can see that it will be good from the description and/or gameplay.
But this does not have a good description and it isn't a good hack.

Possibly the NSMB hacks thread should be deleted - it would make it harder for people trying to post nonsensical things like this.
Serious people could post in the general thread and if people do post rubbish in there it would be deleted.

For some reason Super Duper Hacker thinks that these rubbish hacks are good and interesting, probably because of people making similar hacks which haven't had any praise but hadn't really had much negative criticism.

@gridattack
Your not.
Posted on 08-20-12, 06:43 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
So yea.
Based on what's been said.
Make sure you read the rules for posting hacks, then try to increase a bit your originality, and when you've come up with a good hack, feel free to come back and post a new thread for your new original hack.
Pages: 1