Pages: 1
Posted on 08-19-12, 09:21 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
The NSMB Hacks section of the forums looks very cluttered and messy. So I propose we trash certain threads such as:

-Hacks that are dead.
-Hacks that the creator hasn't been active for over three months.
-Hacks that are already closed.

I'm tired of seeing so many promised hacks but so little following-through by the creators. I think that hacks on the forums should either be finished or in development. And if someone wants to continue on the hacks they abandoned, they message Dirbaio or someone who can take it out of the trash.

If there are any downloads for the hacks in the trash, we can gather them all and put them in a single, organised thread. Much nicer.

How about it?
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 08-19-12, 11:17 am (rev. 1 by  Hiccup on 08-19-12, 11:17 am)
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
An alternative solution is just to make stickies for hacks that are notable instead of deleting hacks which are not notable (which you are suggesting).
Posted on 08-19-12, 11:43 am
Buzzy Beetle
I am UO, not UFO.

Since: 08-28-11
This should be not only in NSMB hacks, but also fixed bug report, they're so much and if no one post in them, it shows it's really fixed.
Posted on 08-19-12, 06:05 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
About the NSMB Hacks forum:
- I've updated the rules to say threads need to be about serios hacks, not just one or two levels.
- I've trashed some old threads and threads that had one or two levels. If you find more, tell me.

I'm not sure what to do about old hacks that appear to be abandoned...

Stickying some hack threads is a bad idea. This'd mean the forum staff has preference over some hacks than others, this would probably piss people off.

About NSMB Editor development forum:
- Fixed and implemented suggestion threads will stay. Tags clearly mark them as fixed/implemented, there's no reason to delete them.
- I've made a new forum for NSMB Editor support, so threads like "help plz .NET framework not works" won't clutter the development forum.
Pages: 1