Pages: 1
Posted on 03-26-24, 03:26 pm
Secret Locker

Since: 04-01-18
It seems everyone has dozens of comments of people wishing them happy birthday on their profiles. I mean, I'm guilty of telling people i don't know happy birthday too, but like, doesn't anyone else find this strange and a bit spammy? I know you can delete comments if you don't like them, but there's people haven't logged on in years who have pages dedicated to being told "happy birthday". I don't know. I feel like the NSMBHD birthday culture is the result of people's names being shown to everybody on every page when it's their birthday. I would say they should get rid of it, but it's been on the site so long that nothing could change it.
Posted on 03-26-24, 04:27 pm (rev. 4 by  crook on 03-26-24, 04:33 pm)
Panser
I like goombas.

Since: 11-07-22
It’s not strange or spammy, and you have a choice to show your birthday. And what other purpose would the comment page serve than saying “You suck” or “You’re cool”. NSMBHD is barely used anymore anyways. This place is more of an archive now.

(Edit): forgot you were already on the discord lol

This text is centered!

I'm working on a rom hack with Digital Cheese, Rph, Mr. Ztardust and RetroAleXD. Go
here to download the work in progress patch, or go
here to contribute.

Cool website
Posted on 03-26-24, 06:20 pm
Beezo
something that resembles the blaze of a fire

Since: 03-18-21
But you gotta admit it's pretty weird never seeing these people online and suddenly on your birthday there they are. But I don't know, these are the only birthday wishes I get, irl no one wishes me happy bday to be honest
Posted on 03-26-24, 06:33 pm (rev. 1 by  Mr. Ztardust on 03-26-24, 06:39 pm)
Paratroopa
*Insert relevant text here*

Since: 02-02-24
To be fair, I don't see the purpose of "the happy birthday thread", the board notifies who has a birthday every day, and people can wish happy birthday via PM or by leaving a comment on the birthday person's profile (Maybe the board didn't include this feature before?) I dunno, this is my subjective opinion

My YouTube Channel

I'm also working on a hack in collaboration with  crook,  Rph,  Digital Cheese and  RetroAleXD. Check out this thread for updates.
Posted on 03-26-24, 09:41 pm
Secret Locker

Since: 04-01-18
Posted by crook
It’s not strange or spammy, and you have a choice to show your birthday. And what other purpose would the comment page serve than saying “You suck” or “You’re cool”. NSMBHD is barely used anymore anyways. This place is more of an archive now.

(Edit): forgot you were already on the discord lol

Fair point. DoB isn't required and it's something you opt into, but I disagree with the notion that comment pages on this site barely have a purpose outside of that; I mean, I've had  BL4ZED just ask me what's up and ask me about the hack I was making. The Discord is definitely better for that type of stuff, but I don't think this place is completely obsolete because people are still making NSMB hacks and are publishing them here, and not GameBanana or Romhacking.net. Despite being barely alive, somehow, this place has managed to survive and not be centralized/consolidated. You could say it's because this place has been here first, but a lot of forums were there first and got absorbed into Reddit. I think there's something special to this place still.
Pages: 1