Pages: 1
Posted on 09-24-13, 12:51 am (rev. 1 by  TRS on 09-24-13, 12:57 am)
Doesn't actually do anything.

Since: 10-22-12
So, long story short, I have not had a good last couple of weeks or so. My computer crashed near the beginning of the month and I lost my judging files. So I'm going to not leave anyone waiting any longer than I have to.

As a way of apologizing for the long wait, I am extending prizes to eighth place.

So, let's get right to it. Here are the results:

1st - Gridatttack (72/80)
2nd - Pikerchu13 (71/80)
3rd - MrRean (65/80)
3rd - Riolu180 (65/80)
5th - Silver Scarlet (58/80)
5th - Baby Bowser (58/80)
7th - Py_hacker (54/80)
8th - Lespna712 (30/80)
9th - Dark Mario Bros (18/80)
10th - Gabriel Yanni (DQ)
10th - GlitchMr (DQ)

Links to individual judges' results:
notgoodwithusernames
Dirbaio

Excel file with both

If you won a prize, be sure to PM me. Prizes can be claimed via Steam, Amazon, or basically any place that lets you send online gift cards with custom amounts or accepts donations (if you choose to donate to someone else); basically, if you're not sure, ask me.

Prizes are as follows:
1st place - $15
2nd place - $10
3rd-8th place - $5

Again, I apologize for this long wait. I apologize especially to the judges.
Posted on 09-24-13, 03:27 am
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
Wow, that was pretty close O.o.

I knew that pikerchu level would be high on the list (if not first)
Anyway, yay for results

Posted on 09-24-13, 03:43 am
Knifed by Sakuya

Since: 07-03-13

Congratulations to all those who won.
Who ever did not make it onto le list.
You tried your best
Posted on 09-24-13, 05:15 am

Since: 06-06-13
I guess I'm glad I won something, but I wish there were more people, and there were only two judges so one of them was really critical about little things like he said the flagpole at the end looked strange, but I thought we were supposed to use a flagpole to end the level. That's why I used it, and someone said if you changed the boss room, it would crash. Also, he stated he is usually really critical, but he said I didn't test my level. He probably thought I was trying to play Dr. Kaizo Mario maybe, but it was supposed to be a castle so I don't see what's wrong w/the firebar blocking the mushroom or is it bad b/c it was used in other games? One more thing, the door tile, I thought that was the level entrance b/c when I looked at the castle in the original World 7, it had that in it too, but I guess I had fun making this.

Also, this was my first time trying to make a level in New Super Mario so I am not really used to the physics of it and things. I know, maybe some of the traps seemed unfair like w/the green blocks, but I didn't want to have to start over, and sometimes I couldn't find a way to stop the player from dying so that's why I made the blocks go back up. Then, I had trouble making the screen scroll upwards so that is why I had to use a shooting pipe, and I couldn't get the camera to work the right way sometimes.

Would it be possible to get someone to do a video how Raocow made a video of the levels for the SMW2 level contest on SMWCentral? Just curious.
Posted on 09-24-13, 05:56 am
Birdo

Posted by Lespna712
I guess I'm glad I won something, but I wish there were more people, and there were only two judges so one of them was really critical about little things like he said the flagpole at the end looked strange, but I thought we were supposed to use a flagpole to end the level. That's why I used it, and someone said if you changed the boss room, it would crash. Also, he stated he is usually really critical, but he said I didn't test my level. He probably thought I was trying to play Dr. Kaizo Mario maybe, but it was supposed to be a castle so I don't see what's wrong w/the firebar blocking the mushroom or is it bad b/c it was used in other games? One more thing, the door tile, I thought that was the level entrance b/c when I looked at the castle in the original World 7, it had that in it too, but I guess I had fun making this.

Also, this was my first time trying to make a level in New Super Mario so I am not really used to the physics of it and things. I know, maybe some of the traps seemed unfair like w/the green blocks, but I didn't want to have to start over, and sometimes I couldn't find a way to stop the player from dying so that's why I made the blocks go back up. Then, I had trouble making the screen scroll upwards so that is why I had to use a shooting pipe, and I couldn't get the camera to work the right way sometimes.

Would it be possible to get someone to do a video how Raocow made a video of the levels for the SMW2 level contest on SMWCentral? Just curious.

Well, you thought wrong. The rules didnt said you needed a flagpole to end the level. If you included the boss, you could have stated that the level would need to be replaced in one of the castle levels.

And dont sweat it about the critiques. That what they are for, to polish your level design skills (my levels when I started NSMB hacking were far worse than the level you submitted )

And yeah, that would be cool. IIRC, I remember reading that a video of the top 3 levels would have been made.

Posted on 09-24-13, 02:01 pm
Fuzzy
Full mod

Congrats everybody! It looks like there were a lot of good levels here.

Also I'll put in a vote for a video of the top levels. It sound like a cool idea for people who didn't get a chance to play them.
Posted on 09-24-13, 04:33 pm
All aboard the RandomTests train!

Since: 05-01-12
Asdf seriously, I forgot to put a midway point (at the end, that is (Cave of Lost Pride, I still hate you), I mean, it would break challenge otherwise - 100 seconds is part of it). Anyway, surprised to see good reviews, even ignoring that stupid Midway Point issue that somehow disqualified me. Look forward to tTtTtTtTtT!!!, the sequel to my entry (well, actually third episode), which will be in 2D (unlike this entry which was 1D, and the first episode called rRrRrR rRrRrRrR!!! which was 0D (with 60 seconds)).
Posted on 09-24-13, 09:05 pm
Mole
Normal user

Since: 07-08-12
Oh, third!
This was my first custom level. o,o
Posted on 09-28-13, 10:41 am, deleted by  Piranhaplant
Pages: 1