Pages: 12 »
Posted on 04-03-13, 04:46 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
Krutomisi hasn't been active in ages. I sent him a message on jul (where he is still active), asking about if he was still in command and he has ignored me, so I assume he just doesn't care anymore.

So I think we need a new project leader. Someone who's going to stick to it and stay active, or the Community Remix is going to die again.
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 04-03-13, 04:48 am (rev. 1 by  gridatttack on 04-03-13, 04:51 am)
Birdo

Since: 06-28-11
True. I was going to ask you if kruto replied.
So yeah, we need a new project leader.
(I personally would choose you, since Ive seen you are the one who is reminding us about this project )
But lets see what others have to say.

Posted on 04-03-13, 04:52 am (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:34 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 04-03-13, 04:53 am
Birdo

So, Kruto didnt reply about the pm?
Is there some kind of way to know he read it?
Seems strange that he just left like that

Posted on 04-03-13, 04:57 am (rev. 2 by  MarioFanatic64 on 04-03-13, 05:07 am)
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Well he hasn't replied, but he has since been active at jul since I sent the message, 5 days ago. No posts, but activity everyday since and as recent as an hour ago.

Edit: does this make me a stalker?
Posted on 04-03-13, 05:09 am
Birdo

Posted by MARIOFANATIC64
Well he hasn't replied, but he has since been active at jul since I sent the message, 5 days ago. No posts, but activity everyday since and as recent as an hour ago.

5 days ago? Well then, the chances that he miss it are slim, so I fear the worst

Posted on 04-03-13, 05:11 am
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Posted by gridatttack

5 days ago? Well then, the chances that he miss it are slim, so I fear the worst

I guess we should wait a few more days though for good measure, make it a week before we jump to conclusions.
Posted on 04-03-13, 05:54 am
Porcupo
Captivated by Persona 4

Since: 01-06-12
Posted by gridatttack

IIRC, you can see if people read the PM if it isn't marked with the 'NEW' tag. Atleast it works like that here.
Other than that, I like the idea of a new leader. But are we going to vote for somebody? Or just look who wants to be the leader?
Posted on 04-03-13, 06:01 am
Birdo

Posted by RiksKing
Posted by gridatttack

IIRC, you can see if people read the PM if it isn't marked with the 'NEW' tag. Atleast it works like that here.
Other than that, I like the idea of a new leader. But are we going to vote for somebody? Or just look who wants to be the leader?

No. I think its only ABXD. Jul uses a different similar software.

Also, for the new leader, perhaps some kind of election of users who wants to apply for leader?

Posted on 04-03-13, 03:18 pm

I would apply for the leader. But only, if people would FINALLY start to do something here.
Everytime this forum has a new post in it, I am completely happy, hoping somebody made a new tileset or level. But what I see is a damn new post in that damn The Music Thread!. Not that we don't need cool new soundtracks, but what is a hack with just music and no levels and tilesets in it? Right... NOTHING.

I and  Dirbaio already made some awesome tilesets as a starting. So please use them now.
Also we don't need people who apply for making a level and then get inactive for sooo long, until their level slot gets cleaned up.

What I want to say with that: It should not just be me,  Dirbaio,  gridatttack,  MarioFanatic64 and  ENEKOwii who is working on this hack. More people should become involved into this. It is not named "Community Remix" for nothing.

So please! Let's finally start with this hack. With more poeple this hack would be done in a very short time.

My opinion.
Posted on 04-03-13, 04:44 pm (rev. 1 by  Dirbaio on 04-03-13, 04:56 pm)
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
I really don't like this "leader" idea. For three reasons.

First: Do we really need a leader? A leader is someone who "leads" the project and makes decisions. We don't need that, we can simply discuss stuff and make a thread for voting if needed. What we DO need is people that actually make levels, tilesets, whatever. We don't need "a leader".

Second: This WILL cause problems and conflicts, people getting upset and so on. See what happens at SMG2.5... People might not like the leader's decisions or whatever. If we decide everything by discussing it and/or with polls, there's no such problem.

Third: People go mad with power and say "BWAAAH this is a bad leader elect me I'm a better leader" and more problems and drama arise, with half the board supporting one leader and the other half the other one. It's stupid, dangerous and very likely to happen.

(Same thing applies to all the "section leads" that were selected a while ago. I never liked that either)

So yeah I think making a "new leader election" is a VERY bad idea.
Please discuss.
Posted on 04-03-13, 04:55 pm

Dirbaio is right. That are some freaking good arguments he listed there. Who the hell needs a leader? Like I said before, we should start making something. That is all.
Posted on 04-03-13, 06:58 pm
Birdo

Posted by Dirbaio
I really don't like this "leader" idea. For three reasons.

First: Do we really need a leader? A leader is someone who "leads" the project and makes decisions. We don't need that, we can simply discuss stuff and make a thread for voting if needed. What we DO need is people that actually make levels, tilesets, whatever. We don't need "a leader".

Second: This WILL cause problems and conflicts, people getting upset and so on. See what happens at SMG2.5... People might not like the leader's decisions or whatever. If we decide everything by discussing it and/or with polls, there's no such problem.

Third: People go mad with power and say "BWAAAH this is a bad leader elect me I'm a better leader" and more problems and drama arise, with half the board supporting one leader and the other half the other one. It's stupid, dangerous and very likely to happen.

(Same thing applies to all the "section leads" that were selected a while ago. I never liked that either)

So yeah I think making a "new leader election" is a VERY bad idea.
Please discuss.

True. Instead of the leader, some kind of representative/manager? (what position was kruto then?)

But yeah, having a leader with the points you made isnt a good idea...

Posted on 04-03-13, 07:22 pm, deleted by  Dirbaio: you really don't get the point of this
Posted on 04-03-13, 09:03 pm
Pokey
me some orange juice my hand

Since: 09-24-12
What we would need that can be called a manager is someone who lists the files and make the final nds file. That's all we need.
Posted on 04-03-13, 09:26 pm
Giant Red Koopa

Since: 11-12-12
@Freeze
I would be doing lots but my hacking computer is broken
Posted on 04-03-13, 09:31 pm, deleted by  gridatttack: Dont start
Posted on 04-03-13, 09:33 pm, deleted by  gridatttack: Dont continue
Posted on 04-03-13, 09:37 pm, deleted by  gridatttack: No more offtopic
Posted on 04-03-13, 10:54 pm
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

The problem is we still need someone to say "yes" or "no".

Case in point,
I've asked this several times. For months nobody has had any idea of what is happening about the winning contest levels. They've had no use. We need somebody to actually decide what's going to happen to them.

The reason we haven't had any progress (and no doubt the CR will die again because of this) is because no one knows what to do. It's all "ifs" and "maybes".

I'm not saying that only one person should be responsible for all the decisions, but they can create a better way of handling things.

A snake with no head is just going to thrash around and die.
Pages: 12 »