Posted by Skylander
Yes indeed!

WOHOOO! Nice
Like the titlescreen changes and your updated world 3. Looks really good so far

Posted on 08-07-18, 10:26 pm
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Since: 04-24-18
Thanks! Like Nintendo would've done, you gotta keep the extras. Wii and Wii U had coin battles, Rush modes and challenges. The MvL stages will be completely redone

Discord Server 1 - Discord Server 2 - Youtube Channel
Posted on 08-09-18, 02:58 am
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

READ READ READ THIS UPDATE IS VERY IMPORTANT! 95% sure that THIS is going to happen.
There will be a 9th world. "But Sky, that's all hardcoded and impossible to add a 9th world." Now wait, I have thought up a plan. At the ending cutscene where Bowser Jr is pulling Bowser, there will be a text stating: "Thank you for playing! Password:*******" You write this down and there will be a SECOND .nmp file for download here. It will be a 1 world hack. (The 9th world) That file will be password protected, and it's the same password shown in the ending! Clever huh? World 9 will have 8 challenging levels, perfect for truly topping this hack. Think of it as a DLC of some sort that can only be unlocked by beating the original game.

Posted on 08-09-18, 04:01 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
I'm going to be painfully honest, but in my opinion you're acting like a kid who just thought of some sort of genius idea that sounds a lot better in thier head.

not meaning to offend, but you shouldn't jump the gun if you're not sure your idea is possible.

Posted by Skylander
"Password:*******" You write this down and there will be a SECOND .nmp file for download here. It will be a 1 world hack.

>there will be a second NMP file

..where? are you going to stuff an extra download link somewhere?
I mean, you can't just put a huge NMP in the ROM. requiring the end user to dig around the ROM also sounds like a bad idea.
neither can you make the ROM output a NMP.

Posted by Skylander
World 9 will have 8 challenging levels, perfect for truly topping this hack. Think of it as a DLC of some sort that can only be unlocked by beating the original game.

rather than focusing on challenging, I strongly advise to go for the quality aspect instead, make it worthwhile to play. this applies especially much in this case, your idea being a minihack and all.

and yknow, since it requires patching an extra patch on.. the patched ROM for the full hack? or a completely separate ROM?

you need to sort out this kind of detail before to make an announcement. in hacking it's not always "I'll figure something out", it's either you can or you can't.
Posted on 08-09-18, 04:16 am
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Well I said 95%... and yes with all do respect I totally agree with you. I think you got confused on the digging part. I meant the first nmp file will be for the main hack, and a second nmp file will be up for download as well. You can download both but only if you beat the game (like in the original) will you be able to play the world 9 hack. Of course, I will have to do some testing with the final cutscenes and all that.

Posted on 08-09-18, 08:00 am
Ninji
W1 out :)

Since: 10-22-17
If you polish this idea a bit, I would actually like it.
Just be careful with using nmp patches because as far as I know they don't apply ASM patches and some other changed stuff (not sure about that though)
xdelta changes everything (again, as far as I know, i am not an expert)
Posted on 08-09-18, 01:26 pm (rev. 1 by  Skylander on 08-09-18, 01:34 pm)
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Oh ok! Thanks for the advice! I usually use .nmp files because xDelta has always given me trouble, especially with New-ISH. So far I don't have any ASM hacks into this but as soon as I design all of the level intros, user123123 will replace the screen credits with them

Also if this does work, you guys must not LEAK the password. If anyone does, I will edit the password on the file and the one shown on the final cutscene.

Posted on 08-09-18, 02:27 pm
Ninji
W1 out :)

Since: 10-22-17
If you decide to do this W9 idea and explain in the main thread and main post why people shouldn't leak the password, it will be fine.
I guess the players will be smart enough to know that this would be very mean.

np about that advice. Don't exactly know what works with nmp patches and what doesn't but because most users use xdelta (and because it notices literally every change you made to the file), you should be fine with xdelta.
If you have trouble you can pm me if you want or make a thread with the problem
Posted on 08-09-18, 02:53 pm
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Awesome! Main goal is now is getting the main hack done. Once it is, I can start the world 9 project. World 9 will replace world 1 of another ROM and it will have the same graphics, and it will be rainbow-y star-ish theme.

Posted on 08-12-18, 01:21 am
Giant Red Paratroopa
Not Edible

Since: 02-12-16
there is such thing as well designed challenging levels thierry, and I don't know for the others but I enjoy them.

Posted on 08-12-18, 02:37 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

I said focus more on quality than difficulty. never said you can't go for challenging.

IMO most challenge-based 'bonus' levels from nintendo are generally a bland mashup of annoying elements, aka a disappointment. I wish they would at least make them stand out by introducing something new.
Posted on 08-12-18, 05:28 pm
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

%100 agree. I'd like to recreate the follow the shell stage too

Posted on 08-19-18, 06:02 pm
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

Added a much better LEGIT trailer. Credits to fighter206

Posted on 08-19-18, 09:34 pm
Red Paragoomba
Luigi Number One!

Since: 08-07-18
Look, I told Newest Team to leave a comment on your channel and it did. It must be in pending comments as it contains video links. Stop stealing ideas because CholoDroid and our team started the project first.

Posted on 08-19-18, 09:58 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

oh look. it's the guy with an imaginary team, now complaining to people for stealing ideas.
seriously, ideas. big fucking deal. do people copyright ideas nowadays?

also, coming from you it's even worse. the one guy who repeatedly stole assets, is now barking at others for making a hack remotely similar. it's gonna be even more amazing if this turns out to be a mere coincidence.

they aren't even outright copying you, so you have no valid reason to command them to change thier hack. especially considering your history of stealing worse things.
this is high level hypocrisy at work here.

Posted by Luigifan 191
our team started the project first.

doing something first magically gives you the right to it? o noes, nobody shall ever be allowed to go to the moon ever again. some guy already did it.
Posted on 08-19-18, 10:10 pm (rev. 2 by  Skylander on 08-19-18, 10:59 pm)
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

First of all, I had no freaking idea you guys even existed and even was making a project like I was. I have been working hard on this since last Spring, and I am bound not to turn around now. I have seen a couple of users try to do this idea for a project, yet it has never pushed through. Well I am too determined to just stop this now.

I didn't steal anything from you. Now if I would've known from the get-go that you were making this FIRST, I wouldn't have started. I see no thread for this hack of yours anyway. Also, fighter206 sent me an image of you pounding him on discord for the trailer he posted. He did nothing wrong. He offered to make a trailer for me and I let him.

Don't go pounding on me about this bullcrap. And as I recall, your "team" is the one who stole levels including MINE, posted a video of New-ISH without my consent, and among other things. RicBent told me to stop harping on you guys, and him and his experience, I listened and gave you guys a chance. But no. Now you are accusing me and fighter206 of "stealing"

Sorry for the long post.

Edit: Also, here's this. Fighter206 sent this to me. Please don't pound him for anything as he did nothing wrong.
Also do not start drama over something this stupid. Thank you.

Posted on 08-20-18, 01:34 am, deleted by  Arceus: delete = saves you time to not read that garbage
Posted on 08-20-18, 02:06 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

oh, people with imaginary teams are like a trope on here by now. pretty sure this guy's just pikaboy playing disguises; or he brought a friend that is no less dense than him.
either way, he's done.
Posted on 08-20-18, 02:14 am
Giant Paratroopa
Cream Cheese King

I'm just disappointed that by good nature, I like to treat everyone fairly even if it means guys like this. I was very erie about this guy, which was why I was very critizing at "New Super Mario Doom". But this "team" never seems to stop stealing.

Posted on 08-20-18, 02:41 am
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

don't feel bad for it. forcing yourself to be treat everybody well isn't practical, not everybody you meet is gonna be a good person. especially on the web.

if they can't get thier act together, nobody's gonna blame you for reacting accordingly.
Pages: « 1234567 »