Pages: 1
Posted on 10-08-11, 12:03 am (rev. 1)
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
I know for sure this is an issue in 234, but may also be present in later revision. Randomly it seems, (or in other words I can figure out what makes it happen) the tileset descriptions get erased. Not all of them, but just one.

Also, why does this save to the rom location? Shouldn't it save in with the editor exe location like the spritesheet does?

And if possible, could you add an extra fail safe in the editor so it is harder to erase all description data. I think when you click on it once, it goes straight to gone. Maybe an "are you sure?". This is not a cause of my above issue, just an observation....And by the way, I have hours of work into my description file. I am sure others do as well. So anybody that has one, I recommend you back it up for safety.
Posted on 10-08-11, 12:04 am
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
Umm... I've never had that happen before... let me try. Make sure to add descriptions when the objects are listed, not the Map16 tab.

And, custom rom descriptions never get stored in the rom. It gets stored in a separate text file with the rom.
Posted on 10-08-11, 12:06 am
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
Posted by ELMario
Umm... I've never had that happen before... let me try. Make sure to add descriptions when the objects are listed, not the Map16 tab.

And, custom rom descriptions never get stored in the rom. It gets stored in a separate text file with the rom.

No I am talking about the one in the object editor. It doesn't happen often. I have not moved or modified my rom folder either. Or made any changes other than adding more details to the description.

Not in the rom...I mean the folder that the rom is in. My working rom folder of my hack. That is where the description is sent by the editor.
Posted on 10-08-11, 01:33 am
Fuzzy
Full mod

Since: 06-28-11
The reason that descriptions are stored in the same folder as the ROM is because they are ROM specific. If you have multiple ROMs, then you can have unique descriptions for each of them. Also, I've added a confirmation message for deleting descriptions in r268.

As for the bug, I can't fix it if it can't be replicated. Just like with anything, back up your description files because you never know when something could happen.
Pages: 1