( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Coool
No more DSi browser!
Posted on 09-22-11, 07:44 pm
Tananananana~ That's Life Experience!

Since: 07-18-11
Posted by Luigi Hero
Thanks you all Oh and guess what... I Got A Computer!!! (Note it's being sent from like 3-4 states away so might be from 3-7 days or more but still

Ah, that's great. The DSi browser is pretty damned annoying, hey?

Posted on 09-22-11, 10:21 pm
Ninji

Since: 08-17-11
Yes, yes it is

Yeah i can't wait!

You all get to see my Hacking skills :p (Note: My first hack is gonna be 1 world long and I will try my best!)

My Hack (whoops link is fixed now):
http://nsmbhd.net/thread/2953-super-luigi-world-ds/
Posted on 09-23-11, 12:58 pm
AxewAxew

Since: 07-02-11
Posted by Luigi Hero
1. Did you know that on some computers that there is a debugger built in? (F12 button)

Don't worry dirbalo (sorry if spelled worng will fix if it is Fixed )

It's does not over white the website it just changes it just for the person who did it. (Refresh page to fix)
JUst so you know, that is a webpage debugger built into some web browsers, it can be used to test, figure out mistakes on and modify web pages you are making.
That it won't be saved is obvious, since it'd be a huge security risk, and most websites are dynamically generated.
Posted on 09-24-11, 04:35 pm
Ninji

Since: 08-17-11
Ok thats cool, I founded this a day before i made this thread.

My Hack (whoops link is fixed now):
http://nsmbhd.net/thread/2953-super-luigi-world-ds/
Posted on 10-03-11, 11:27 pm
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
Posted by Dirbaio
Just one thing: stay away from R4 clones.

Posted by Luigi Hero
B. Can hang (Take out and still play the game)

And that's completely impossible. Games are not designed to run entirely from ram, so it will always hang when you remove the card.

Homebrew can run entirely on ram. I've done this with Pocket Physics, where I would load Pocket Physic's on someone elses DS, then I would pull out my card when the Pocket Physics title screen comes up so he could have Pocket Physics on his DS temporarily.

But for DS games, I think it's partly they don't have enough RAM, and they code it into every game that it will hang once the card has been taken out.
Posted on 10-04-11, 03:59 pm (rev. 1)
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
DS games don't run from RAM. They need to constantly load level data from ROM, stream music, etc.
I know most homebrews do, but that's because they're small self-contained NDS's. Fireworlds, for example, streams video and audio from SD card so it crashes if you remove the card too

EDIT: Also, the commercial games have the DS trigger an interrupt when the card is removed, and hang on purpose. It's a safety measure I think. Also, some games (Big Brain Academy) show a nice error message when the card is removed instead of hanging. So yeah, they halt on purpose. In theory they could work card-less as long as they don't have to read anything from ROM. For example NSMB only loads things when entering/exiting levels and menus, not in the middle.
Pages: « 12