Pages: 1
Posted on 08-03-14, 07:29 pm (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:03 am)
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
http://nsmbhd.net/file/q3RtRY3DIFpDEJNL/qZGoPAf.png
Sorry for not putting any details, I have made a post below.
Posted on 08-03-14, 07:39 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Okay, listen  Hiccup: Your bug reports are ALWAYS vague and lacking lots of details. With this little info, bug reports are completely useless. As a general rule, you should give all the information you think we the devs might need or ask you for. EVERYTHING.

For example, in this bug: You say it's a "memory leak". Why? How much RAM was NSMBe using when it crashed? How many levels you had open? How much time were you using the editor? Etc etc.

A memory leak is a bug when the editor uses more and more memory over time until it runs out of memory and crashes. If you say it's a memory leak you should give more info to show why you think it is.
Posted on 08-04-14, 10:52 am (rev. 3 by  Hiccup on 08-04-14, 10:53 am)
Birdo

Since: 06-26-11
  • I was editing for at least 10 minutes
  • I was highlighing a sprite with an image, a firebar - editing its length or type
  • There were a variety of sprites with an image on the level
  • There were lots of identical blocks
  • I had other program(s) open at the same time
  • I didn't record the memory when it crashed
  • A backup of the level was kept
  • It crashed and gave me a useless windows 8 'program not responding, please wait while micro$oft do nothing'
  • I had edited the jyotyu at some point
  • I was editing for longer than I usually do
  • I have b378, Windows 8 x64, 6GB RAM, terrabyte hardrive
  • The program is running from a folder on my C:/ drive, which I have write acesss to (cause I created it). I was using a non-admin login (I do trust nsmbe though)
  • I will edit this post with memory usage if it crashes again (I will edit for a long time again to check)
  • Is there a log of memory usage per program in windows?
Pages: 1