Pages: 1
Posted on 08-12-11, 12:37 pm
Buster Beetle

Since: 06-29-11
When we make objects that are larger than 1x1, I think it would be a good idea to have them selected that size in the editor. So right now say you have an 8x8 object. Only the top left 1x1 tile is shown. So you have to resize it to 8x8 to have your original image shown in the map editor. If by default, it showed up as 8x8, I think that would be more logical.

Of course, resizing should still be implemented. So say you take the above mentioned 8x8, and only want to use 4x4 of the image, you could still resize it down. Point being, the default is the actual size, then it edits smaller if needed.
Posted on 08-12-11, 04:53 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
So, how could this be implemented?
When you change the object type, the size also gets changed to the "default" size of the object?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea that way. Do you have other alternatives?
Posted on 08-13-11, 12:25 am
Buster Beetle

Posted by Dirbaio
So, how could this be implemented?
When you change the object type, the size also gets changed to the "default" size of the object?

I'm not sure if it's a good idea that way. Do you have other alternatives?

Yeah, why not? When we edit and create the objects, we make them a certain size. So it makes sense that they are intended to be the size they were created. You can always size them up and down from there. But I think 9 times out of 10, if someone is creating an object that is larger than 1x1, then there is a reason why they made it bigger.

Look at the object selection in the map editor. You see your created objects on the left in their intended form. So if there is a 4x4 object, the image is 4x4. But when you select it for use, it defaults to 1x1 and you have to guess the full size until the image is what you want.
Posted on 08-13-11, 05:06 am
Banned for being a complete idiot.

Since: 07-09-11
Oh, yea. I kind of like luckwii's idea.
For example, when I create a pipe, I always have to re-size it, which is kinda annoying. It would be easier if it was by default 4x4 size (in tiles), so it would require less clicking. Also like the bush, it would require one click and then a drag to move the bush. Yea, that'll be nice. It would be easier than resizing the bush, which takes a couple more clicks.
Posted on 08-13-11, 10:25 am
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
So, for example, double-clicking an object in the object picker changes the object type AND sets it to the default size?

I'm suggesting double-clicking because I think making this behavior the default will be quite annoying.
Posted on 08-13-11, 01:18 pm (rev. 2)
Buster Beetle

Posted by Dirbaio
So, for example, double-clicking an object in the object picker changes the object type AND sets it to the default size?

I'm suggesting double-clicking because I think making this behavior the default will be quite annoying.

That would be a little awkward. How about an "actual size" checkbox?

I still think having objects bigger than 1x1 defaulting to original size would be the cleanest. Why wouldn't someone using the editor expect the object made using the map16 tiles, end up being that size when they select it in the map screen?
Pages: 1