Pages: « 12345 »
Posted on 06-04-14, 12:02 pm
Fuzz Ball
KirbyFanatic64 (LOL)

Since: 11-13-11
IMO the recolor text doesn't look so well, the texture looks corrupt...

Maybe you shouldn't make the color gradient too distinctive. This one contains blue, green and red in the same gradient.

Great games must be fun, not fancy.

Music Hacker needed! PM me if you wish!
Posted on 06-09-14, 05:42 pm
Cheep-cheep

Since: 06-13-13
A gameplay of 1-2:

Posted on 06-09-14, 07:45 pm
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
Hmmm.... your hack needs many improvements:
Either you recolor the brick block back to brown or you recolor the animations to green too. If you don´t do that it looks strange. Same thing for donut blocks and coins but here the coins even don´t have any animations.
Also you shouldn´t spam coins that way. Another thing I noticed: At 0:33 why did you split up the mushroom stalk?
The background is another point. It looks... bad. If you don´t have got the back for the stalagmites you shouldn´t use them. Just use the normal underground bg.
And finally the level is way too short.

I don´t want to hate your hack that were just a few suggestions for improvement.

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 06-13-14, 10:43 am (rev. 2 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-13-14, 10:45 am)

Since: 02-27-14
I suggest you to use the JIT version of DesMuMe instead of No$Gba...
It's fast even in lower-end computers like in mine and the videos are really fluid and more natural!
Download it here...oh,and a tip:to record videos on DesMuMe,start the game,choose when you want to start the video,click the "File" tab,then click Record AVI,choose where you want to save the video,choose the video codec(I suggest you Microsoft Video 1 or Microsoft RLE)and record!
When you want to stop the video click again on the "File" tab and then click Stop AVI.
Hope this helps .
Ontopic,I'm actually testing out your hack and I'm afraid to say that the level design is a bit dull and the textures are a bit strange...
I hope to see some improvements...
BTW,good luck with the hack!

Posted on 06-13-14, 11:56 am (rev. 1 by Thierry on 06-13-14, 11:57 am)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Many things in your hack needs to be improved. I could do that for you, but I need of a patch the actual progress or else it will erase some of the actual progress.
Posted on 06-26-14, 01:54 pm
Cheep-cheep

The V3 is soon, with fixes, improvements and 4 or more new levels.

Posted on 06-28-14, 10:12 am
Cheep-cheep

V3 is out!!
Changelog:
Added 4-4, 4-5, 3-A,8-3 and fixes on various levels.
<----- 3-A
<----- 4-5

The Download:

Thanks to Thierry to fix many things.

Posted on 06-28-14, 10:37 am
We do what we must because we can

Since: 06-25-13
3-a... is the water almost black? Or is it a fail in the screenshot?

My Youtube channel
Best friends forever
Posted on 06-28-14, 10:47 am
Cheep-cheep

The water is black on Emulators, i don't know why, but on real DS is normal.

Posted on 06-28-14, 10:59 am (rev. 3 by thereturnofdoritosxD on 06-28-14, 11:06 am)

Since: 02-27-14
The water is black on Emulators, i don't know why, but on real DS is normal.

To tell the truth the water is black only in bad emulators like No$Gba and No$Zoomer,in the good ones like DesMuMe the graphics are the same as a real DS.
You should take screenshots with good emulators like DesMuMe (scroll up to see my last post where you can find a download link to the JIT version of DesMuMe that runs almost at the speed of a real DS in almost every computer).
The moral of the story:
Use good and open-source emulators instead of the bad ones with bad graphics that may even give you ads or limited time of gameplay.
Posted on 06-28-14, 01:15 pm
a

Since: 02-12-13
The water ain't right in NO$GBA and NO$Zoomer because they do not produce transparency at all :I

Same happens with everything that uses transparency, even a bit, like lava or most FG effects :o

So uh, use DesMuME's JIT version like everyone and their moms have said.

Anyway, that beach screenshot you haz, the log platform has a tiling error And use more ? blocks, bricks and pipes. It looks barren for some reason without those stuff
Why does a mushroom grow on ice? That is weird but who cares it's Mario
I used the stalagmite background once and I couldn't find the bottom bg for my hack, and it looked weird, honestly. You did da same so now it's looking weird.

And why are the coins red coins and they don't have animations? If you include Red Rings and Red Coins in your levels it won't look right at all And Star Coins become a little odd because you made the normal coins red coins. :I
Also, 0:53 in your latest video is just plain barren. Include some enemies, blocks and pipes there. Maybe just a few or some of those things I listed only but just do it And a Super Mario All-Stars front BG with an NSMB back BG and a NSMBU tileset? That's kind of weird actually... :o

Also, this screenshot:

The background looks extremely weird. There's a Warp Cannon inside pipes with lava under and a lot of Podoboos at the right with some green AND blue clouds and a mountain background? :OOO

This screenshot with the ice cannon is also weird. That icy rock thing for the decoration isn't meant to be in the place you put it in :o It's meant to be connecting from ground-to-ceiling. And the buncha ice platforms that the Warp Cannon is on look a little weird because you used one type of ice block for all of the Warp Cannon platform You should use small, tall, horizontal tall and other ice block variations for the same platform, it looks better that way. Treeki once said this on RVLution but I can't remember where (about NSMBW tower levels but this is going offtopic) and with the same screenshot, the back BG is complete gray And the eyes on the snowy hills in the front BG look a little weird. And you are doing this cannon wrong. This cannon is supposed to lead you to World 5 but the front BG is snowy? If this is the World 1 cannon, make the front BG the World 1 grassland levels' front BG and the BACK BG the snowy BG. Do same for other cannons leading to World 5 except replace the grassland levels' front BG with the corresponding world themes' level front BG for example the desert one.

Anddd yeah, this is my review and bug report and other stuff. This hack can be very good if you fix dem bugs

Posted on 06-28-14, 01:22 pm (rev. 2 by Thierry on 07-06-14, 01:36 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Posted by Arceus
Hmmm.... your hack needs many improvements:
Either you recolor the brick block back to brown or you recolor the animations to green too. If you don´t do that it looks strange. Same thing for donut blocks and coins but here the coins even don´t have any animations.
Also you shouldn´t spam coins that way. Another thing I noticed: At 0:33 why did you split up the mushroom stalk?
The background is another point. It looks... bad. If you don´t have got the back for the stalagmites you shouldn´t use them. Just use the normal underground bg.
And finally the level is way too short.

I don´t want to hate your hack that were just a few suggestions for improvement.

You know... he posted that video way too late. It's a old video.

Check the actual release, the BG and the mushroom stalk is fixed.
Posted on 06-28-14, 01:31 pm
a

Oh.

But the other parts of my review make sense....right?
Posted on 06-30-14, 12:17 pm
Cheep-cheep

Posted by hamza62240
Also, this screenshot:

The background looks extremely weird. There's a Warp Cannon inside pipes with lava under and a lot of Podoboos at the right with some green AND blue clouds and a mountain background? :OOO

This screenshot with the ice cannon is also weird. That icy rock thing for the decoration isn't meant to be in the place you put it in :o It's meant to be connecting from ground-to-ceiling. And the buncha ice platforms that the Warp Cannon is on look a little weird because you used one type of ice block for all of the Warp Cannon platform You should use small, tall, horizontal tall and other ice block variations for the same platform, it looks better that way. Treeki once said this on RVLution but I can't remember where (about NSMBW tower levels but this is going offtopic) and with the same screenshot, the back BG is complete gray And the eyes on the snowy hills in the front BG look a little weird. And you are doing this cannon wrong. This cannon is supposed to lead you to World 5 but the front BG is snowy? If this is the World 1 cannon, make the front BG the World 1 grassland levels' front BG and the BACK BG the snowy BG. Do same for other cannons leading to World 5 except replace the grassland levels' front BG with the corresponding world themes' level front BG for example the desert one.

Anddd yeah, this is my review and bug report and other stuff. This hack can be very good if you fix dem bugs

These cannon levels are fixed, but is the W2 Cannon, not W1 cannon, that's why the two backgrounds are snowy.
<---Fixed

Posted on 06-30-14, 03:32 pm, deleted by  Arceus: offtopic
Posted on 07-04-14, 07:34 am
a

Well, can you just use random tiles for the ceiling-ground decor? It still looks a little weird.
Posted on 07-04-14, 12:53 pm
Cheep-cheep

I'm making a new logo, look:

The logo needs fixes.

Posted on 07-04-14, 02:03 pm (rev. 1 by  snake block on 07-04-14, 02:04 pm)
a

I suggest adding a white outline to it and using the font Super Mario 256

And, the name is NEW Super Mario BROS.: Mario's Adventure but the logo says Super Mario: Mario's Adventure
Posted on 07-04-14, 02:27 pm
Cheep-cheep

Yes, i know, the hack's new name is these, Super Mario: Mario's Adventure.

Posted on 07-04-14, 02:32 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

What a mess. A graphical mess.
Pages: « 12345 »