Posted on 05-08-14, 07:16 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Since: 01-17-13
Ah. Oh, now I think about it, you should maybe use the search function, it could help you.
Posted on 05-08-14, 07:17 pm
Paratroopa

Since: 05-06-14
that's what i did but all what i found are for the scrolling
Posted on 05-08-14, 07:29 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

http://nsmbhd.net/post/19726/

This posts says all.
Posted on 05-08-14, 07:34 pm (rev. 1 by  Simpson55 on 05-08-14, 07:50 pm)
Paratroopa

....... cool thank you, i'll try it.....
Posted on 05-08-14, 07:35 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Well, I think we will have to use the background without the animations.
Posted on 05-08-14, 07:49 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
Paratroopa

then, i deleted the torches, here's the result
Posted on 05-08-14, 09:19 pm (rev. 1 by Thierry on 05-08-14, 09:20 pm)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Good. Inserted.

Though, I wonder if it would be better with the torches, even if they doesn't move.
Posted on 05-08-14, 09:21 pm (rev. 3 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
Paratroopa

okay,
Also, i remade the castle, the lava tile is restored, i added some beta tiles and the room with a lot of coins present in the trailer (you can access it with the pipe in the top of the level
unfortunatly the boss makes the game crash
file: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/56099225/file.html
And something else, is it possible to replace the midway flag with the e3 ring?
Posted on 05-09-14, 01:20 am (rev. 1 by LakituGames on 05-09-14, 01:34 am)
Goomba

Since: 03-27-14
Posted by Simpson55
okay, *snip'd*
Also, i remade the castle, the lava tile is restored, i added some beta tiles and the room with a lot of coins present in the trailer (you can access it with the pipe in the top of the level
unfortunatly the boss makes the game crash
file: http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/56099225/file.html

Currently, we have no way of making the e3 ring trigger the midway flag, since the flag doesn't take input. However, I bet somebody could use asm to do it. From what I understand of assembly, if the correct addresses were located, the "generate red coins for a couple seconds" routine could be replaced with (or run in parallel with) the one that occurs when the midway point is triggered. The other problem is that you would need multiple midway points, something that is possible with a little bit of fancy level design.

As far as actually swapping the midway flag and e3 ring sprites goes, it's nigh impossible, since one is a 3d model and the other is a flat image. Also, they are different sizes. ALSO, the e3 ring wouldn't work as intended if given the midway flag's behavior. It would just fall past the screen and onto the touchscreen as soon as you passed it. So, basically the only way to do it is if what I suggested above could actually work. And I'm not sure it can. Dirbao would be the best person to talk to about that.

Also, I got the mega goomba boss to appear I just need to make the horizontal platforms, which I am having a bit of trouble with, since just using the "horizontal moving platform" sprite triggered by a [!] switch doesn't produce the desired behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Thierry
Hacking sounds would require some more stuff... we cannot do it with NSMBe only.

Btw no, you cannot make two mushrooms.

(except if you mean and the Mushroom 1up.)

Posted by LakituGames
I finally have some stuff for you guys:
EDIT: Here's the raw image.

The top part is good, but the bottom one isn't so.

I will manage to get it right.

What's not good about it? And which part do you mean? The grass textures are ripped from a screenshot provided by nintendo. The camera was a bit zoomed out so they had to be resized. The underside grass textures are by me since I can't find any on the internet. They are kind of placeholders for now. The small mushroom tops are ripped directly from a screenshot and look pretty good if you ask me. The large mushroom tops are scaled up versions of the smaller ones, but with some slight editing by me to make them look nicer. Any fuzzyness in the grass most likely comes from the resizing. And trust me it looks better than without anti-aliasing. Load it up with an emulator and see for yourself.
Posted on 05-09-14, 01:46 am
Paratroopa

For the giant goomba enemy, i don't know a lot of think about ASm and 3D and stuff..;but is it possible to take a basic enemy in 3D and replace it with a giant goomba model?
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:05 am (rev. 1 by LakituGames on 05-09-14, 02:51 am)
Goomba

Posted by Simpson55
For the giant goomba enemy, i don't know a lot of think about ASm and 3D and stuff..;but is it possible to take a basic enemy in 3D and replace it with a giant goomba model?

I'm not sure what you mean. It sounds like you are asking whether we can insert giant versions of enemies into the level by replacing the models. That sounds impossible or at least very hard. The mega goomba happens to already be in the game because it's the world four boss. So, the end of the castle level where mario fights a giant goomba is reproducable (in fact Hiccup did it ages ago) just by placing the appropriate sprites and "wiring" it all up. As far as placing giant goombas in spots where they are not supposed to be (such as in the grassland), goes, I'm pretty sure they don't work without the boss activator, although I haven't tested it. It may be that they simply never appear, or they work fine, or the game will crash. One of those three things. I'll go test it now and edit this post when I have the answer.

EDIT: I just realized it's impossible to have the mega goomba appear in the grassland. Spriteset 16 (the one that housese the mega goomba) needs to be used for the flagpole. When making NSMB, the developers never thought they would need a boss battle and a flagpole in the same level, so it's impossible.

DOUBLE EDIT: BY moving the final section of the level (containing the flagpole) to its own area, the mega goomba can be used.

THE RARE TRIPLE-EDIT: without anything to activate it, the giant goomba just kinda sits there at regular size and does nothing. Activating it would require the cutscene so I really have no idea how to make it work.
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:48 am
Paratroopa

Ok, and a last thing, is it possible to restore the beta kick, it seems to be needed in some beta levels
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:58 am
Goomba

Posted by Simpson55
Ok, and a last thing, is it possible to restore the beta kick, it seems to be needed in some beta levels

The animation itself still exists in the game's files. Somebody found it at some point and made a youtube video. Getting it to function the way it originally did would be a nightmare and I don't think it's possible with our current knowledge of how the game works. It would require changing the way button input is handled, something I don't think anyone knows how to do.

To sum it all up:

Trying to re-create beta behaviours is super hard.
Posted on 05-09-14, 03:57 am
Paratroopa

so if i understand, it would more easy to completly recreate the beta than hacking the actual final?
Posted on 05-09-14, 12:06 pm (rev. 1 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

Posted by Simpson55
okay,

It is good. I inserted it. I will have to fix it a bit, though.

I already took care of this (not even hard to find a solution). The last blue ring in the remaked levels is now kinda a flag pole. (you will be able to check this in the next beta)

Posted by LakituGames
Posted by Simpson55

I'm not sure what you mean. It sounds like you are asking whether we can insert giant versions of enemies into the level by replacing the models. That sounds impossible or at least very hard. The mega goomba happens to already be in the game because it's the world four boss. So, the end of the castle level where mario fights a giant goomba is reproducable (in fact Hiccup did it ages ago) just by placing the appropriate sprites and "wiring" it all up. As far as placing giant goombas in spots where they are not supposed to be (such as in the grassland), goes, I'm pretty sure they don't work without the boss activator, although I haven't tested it. It may be that they simply never appear, or they work fine, or the game will crash. One of those three things. I'll go test it now and edit this post when I have the answer.

EDIT: I just realized it's impossible to have the mega goomba appear in the grassland. Spriteset 16 (the one that housese the mega goomba) needs to be used for the flagpole. When making NSMB, the developers never thought they would need a boss battle and a flagpole in the same level, so it's impossible.

DOUBLE EDIT: BY moving the final section of the level (containing the flagpole) to its own area, the mega goomba can be used.

THE RARE TRIPLE-EDIT: without anything to activate it, the giant goomba just kinda sits there at regular size and does nothing. Activating it would require the cutscene so I really have no idea how to make it work.

I will see if I can hex-shit this...
Posted on 05-09-14, 12:10 pm
Paratroopa

It is good. I inserted it. I will have to fix it a bit, though.

are you talking about the background or the level?
Posted on 05-09-14, 12:23 pm
この記号は… 解読できないよ…

The castle bg. But I didn't checked the level (yet).

I will probably set the level soon.
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:29 pm
Paratroopa

do you know how to edit an nsbmd file? because when i edit one, the render in NSBMD is good but in game, it is corrupted
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:37 pm
Goomba

Posted by Thierry
I already took care of this (not even hard to find a solution). The last blue ring in the remaked levels is now kinda a flag pole. (you will be able to check this in the next beta)

But the blue ring isn't supposed to be the flagpole. It acts like a midway point, allowing you to respawn in an alernate location if you die after touching it.

Posted by Thierry
I will see if I can hex-shit this...

thnx. Best of luck.
Posted on 05-09-14, 02:38 pm (rev. 4 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 03:00 am)
Paratroopa

oh, forget my question, in fact, i made the 3D files too little so i saw some floating pixels in game but now it's good..
Also, i don't know if the flag is aldready reversed or if i'm the first who did it?

it is not animated