Pages: 1
Posted on 09-22-12, 05:42 am (rev. 10 by  Some_Random_Guy777 on 09-24-12, 03:22 am)
Paragoomba

Since: 11-06-11
So i made a rom hack for testing purposes, for soundsets of course.
You need an emulator that can enable cheat codes, like DeSmuME for example.

For sound sets, set this code: 0235FE72 000000XX
Where XX is the current soundset.

Freeze timer: 120ca898 00000040

You can view all soundsets listings at the bottom of this post, hidden in spoilers.
--------

Of course, this will be very long, but if more people get to help, it would be awesome!
So anyway, in this ROM hack, EVERY SINGLE SPRITES were used except bosses, even the ones that usually don't make noise, and every tiles that makes noise too. (coin, etc.)
What you have to do, when you start the level, you start at this place with a "Hi" made of coins. So, since i plan to test soundsets from 00 to 04 for the moment, You guys start with 05, it has to be hexadecimal. so, heres an example of what i have to do, i start with 00, so i modify this cheatcode (0235FE72 00000000) then i just go through stuff listening to noises stuff does. there are several rooms, when done, it will bring me back to the first area. When the list is done for that soundset number, i change the cheat code again (0235FE72 00000001) and so on. listing footsteps noises too.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE MAKE A SAVESTATE IN THE WORLD MAP AND CHANGE THE SOUNDSET CHEATCODE THERE BEFORE ENTERING THE LEVEL! OR ELSE IT WILL NOT WORK!

So, at both end of each area, you get blue pipes, entering these brings you to the next area.
Green pipes and doors bring you to a diffrent area, i think it had to do with sprite incompatibilities. DO NOT FORGET THESE AREAS!!!!!!
Yellow pipes cannot be entered.

So again, i do from 00 to 04, so you guys start at 05 or whatever you want. Also, PLEASE tell us what soundset values you will use!

Soundsets taken:
00 to 04

Completed soundsets:

Credits:
-Myself
-

Please do not forget anything!
If you do not understand, i will make a video!

By the way, even add in your list noises that you think is not worth putting in, like walking on some grounds, powerup taking, sliding on slopes, fireball impact, and many more small noises.

And please, use the sprite's name exactly as shown in the editor!
-do not enter 1-2 from world map, you will be forced to die anyway!

You can also view the full list without spoilers here, Opening it with notepad++ is recommended, but not absolutly needed, it just has branches that you can hide exactly like the spoilers here except you can search through them much easier (ctrl+f)
Here is the text (lua) file. (save link as...)
It should be able to be opened in any text editor.

EDIT: Last valid soundset is 0x38, so thank god we dont have to do all 255 values right?!
Thank you Treeki for telling me this!

V this is the signature, it has nothing to do with the post.

Posted on 09-22-12, 11:24 am
☭ coffee and cream

Since: 06-26-11
Hmm that's interesting, guess it'll make finding right soundsets easier...

but why such a shitload of nested spoilers? We should find a more decent way to enter all that information.

IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE MAKE A SAVESTATE IN THE WORLD MAP AND CHANGE THE SOUNDSET CHEATCODE THERE BEFORE ENTERING THE LEVEL!!!! OR ELSE IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... !!!

YAY SHOUTING A LOT IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111

zrghij
Posted on 09-22-12, 01:46 pm
Micro-Goomba

Since: 06-19-11
I read you talking about this in IRC last night, and it sparked my curiosity and I decided to check out the sdat file in Nitro Player...

It turns out that sound sets map directly to Groups, which in turn load different banks. The last valid sound set is 0x38 if I counted right.

I'll post the bank/group lists later if you're curious...
Posted on 09-22-12, 03:30 pm (rev. 3 by  Some_Random_Guy777 on 09-22-12, 03:37 pm)
Paragoomba

Since: 11-06-11
Posted by Mega-Mario
but why such a shitload of nested spoilers? We should find a more decent way to enter all that information.

A text file should be available for download, the extention is .lua so it creates brachec in notepad++, but it should be read into any text editors.
But if you want, i can remove all spoilers inside the spoiler?

Posted by Treeki
I'll post the bank/group lists later if you're curious...

I am curious.

Pages: 1