Pages: 12345 »
Posted on 06-28-11, 11:58 am (rev. 10 by ImageBot on 11-21-16, 02:04 am)
Roy Koopa

Since: 06-26-11

Fr33ze and ray present
New Super Hacker Bros.

This is special Hack of New Super Mario Bros. DS specialized on Texture-Editing. We have already put many things in our hack so far and we are still adding cool things! Perhaps this is the hack with the most Edited Things!

For example (Texture Editing):
-Player Texture hacking
-We made tiles, where Mario/Luigi can go behind.
-We put a Shy-Guy in the game.
-Animated Waterfalls are also inclueded.
-There is also a rain-effect in some levels.
-The End-Of-Level-Castle from NSMB Wii.
-?-Blocks are From NSMB Wii.
-New Level-Icons
-Custom Title-Screen
-Many more things (bouncing jello, new Springboard graphics, and some more)
Some other things

We also replace nearly ALL of the old NSMB DS Tilesets with the new NSMB Wii Tilesets. There are also new musics in the Hack. For example the "Bowsers Road"-Music or the "Dire Dire Docks"-Music. The levels are well designed and fun to play, but they are not easy. Sometimes it is a bit frustrating, because you will loose really often. There are almost no bugs in the game, but if there are some, we thank you for reporting them

At the time, we have released two Betas, but more will come soon. We have also a blog on Wordpress.com: New Super Hacker Bros.
Here you can see always the newest updates in our Change Log and Videos. You can also download the newest betas there.

If you want to see the Trailers of the two Betas, here they are:

Direct Link to Download:
Click!

So....Have fun!

ray and Fr33ze
Posted on 06-28-11, 02:05 pm

Since: 06-28-11
Ok, creating this thread was the work, I was going to do first.
Posted on 06-28-11, 02:06 pm
Roy Koopa

Posted by NsmB_PrO
Ok, creating this thread was the work, I was going to do first.

I was first
Posted on 07-02-11, 03:11 pm
Roy Koopa
The guy who does things.

Since: 07-01-11
I really like this hack. Ray and NsmB_PrO both have some great level designs and ideas. I hope you two manage to make it all the way through the game.
You also have some brilliant teasers. You still have me stumped on the whole "World 9" thing.
Keep up the great work, and I can't wait for the finished product!
New Super Mario Bros.: Clone Tag Team 1+2 / New Super Mario Advance + Take 2 / Super Mario: Endless Earth
My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.
Posted on 07-02-11, 03:14 pm
Roy Koopa

Thank you for this nice post When I read something like THIS, I'm really happy
Posted on 07-06-11, 03:58 pm
Shyguy

Since: 12-02-11
So...... How's progress coming along? Also any idea on when the next Beta will be released?
Posted on 07-06-11, 04:28 pm

Posted by Darkn3ss
So...... How's progress coming along? Also any idea on when the next Beta will be released?

It is not long to the next release!
Just wait a bit more and you will see....

I will work on a little project now:
In overworld level (and underwater level) you will shoot (as fire mario) a bubble ball.
In Vulcano Level you will shoot the old (or probably repainted) fire ball.
In Snow level you will shoot a snow ball.
In Underground level you will shoot a..... (Don't know, any suggestions?)

But that will only cahnge the graphics, not the effect. That would be too hard xD.
Also the Power-Ups will look different from the old ones (depends on the environment: Snow/Normal/Underground/Vulcano)

I hope I can finish this... I only have ONE idea to do this so far^^ If it does not work, it WON'T work ever! xD
Posted on 07-06-11, 04:47 pm
Shyguy

Cool, hopefully it works. I'm a little doubtful though. Like, lets say you change the fire ball to a snow ball. How would you add the others? Since there is only one file only one of those graphics (snow/water/fire ball) would be allowed, right?

Hope I've explained it clearly enough. I just can't find the right words to use xD

Also you know how you can change the color of bricks and stuff, would the same be possible to do with power-ups? eg. Changing a hex value or something, similar to what you do to change color of bricks. I don't think it's possible but you never know.
Posted on 07-06-11, 04:51 pm

Posted by Darkn3ss
Cool, hopefully it works. I'm a little doubtful though. Like, lets say you change the fire ball to a snow ball. How would you add the others? Since there is only one file only one of those graphics (snow/water/fire ball) would be allowed, right?

Hope I've explained it clearly enough. I just can't find the right words to use xD

Also you know how you can change the color of bricks and stuff, would the same be possible to do with power-ups? eg. Changing a hex value or something, similar to what you do to change color of bricks. I don't think it's possible but you never know.

Sorry, but my try was a failure.
But I could make some other nice features in the game. For example:
The shy guy has now 4 colours:
UNDERGROUND - BLUE
OVERWORLD - YELLOW
VULCANO - RED
SNOW - GREY

Cool he?

@Change Power-Ups graphics: Yeah, it is possible. Exactly, it is EASY.^^
Posted on 07-06-11, 04:54 pm
Fuzzy
Full mod

When Dirbaio adds ASM insertion, you could make a patch that loads different fireball palette or graphics depending on the jyotyu palette, which changes if you're in a fire level, underground, snow, etc. I don't know how hard this would be to do, but it could work.
Posted on 07-06-11, 04:59 pm
Shyguy

Posted by Piranhaplant
When Dirbaio adds ASM insertion, you could make a patch that loads different fireball palette or graphics depending on the jyotyu palette, which changes if you're in a fire level, underground, snow, etc. I don't know how hard this would be to do, but it could work.

Yeah. Doesn't really sound hard to do, but I bet it is.
Posted on 07-06-11, 05:05 pm

Posted by Piranhaplant

yeah, probably
I have already finished it with goombas (shy guys), koopas, ghosts and some other objects.
Also with the fireball, but too bad, it is a 2d texture.
With those it Won't work. xD It would work, if I could add transparency to .ncl files.
Is that possible?
Posted on 07-06-11, 08:08 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since: 06-08-11
Hmmm, no it isn't. NCL/NCG files are used by the DS' 2D engine, which just supports ONE bit of transparency: a pixel is either completely opaque or completely transparent.

Also, are the fireballs 2D? I thought they were 3D textures
Posted on 07-06-11, 08:15 pm

Posted by Dirbaio
Hmmm, no it isn't. NCL/NCG files are used by the DS' 2D engine, which just supports ONE bit of transparency: a pixel is either completely opaque or completely transparent.

Also, are the fireballs 2D? I thought they were 3D textures

I thought that already...
Nope, the Fireball is 2d-.-
Anyways, I was able to change it to different colours. It depends on the Bottom BG, which colour your ball has.
Posted on 07-06-11, 08:36 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So what file is it?
Posted on 07-06-11, 09:03 pm

Posted by Dirbaio
So what file is it?

I_fireball_ncg.bin in the obj folder.
Posted on 07-06-11, 09:12 pm
Super Mario
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok okay.

But there's also some particle effects that DO have semi-transparency. For example when the fireball impacts something.
These *are* 3D, so if we want to mod the fireballs we'd need to edit that too
Posted on 07-08-11, 03:01 pm
Micro-Goomba

I need some help ray and NsmB_PrO, and I don't if this is the best place to ask lol but on world one castle, i got to the halfway point but i get to the part where this a rotating spike ball and a small platform and spikes to the left that i can step on, but theres no way to get up? or is it that i can't find it?
Posted on 07-08-11, 03:04 pm
Roy Koopa

Our hack is WITH mysterys ;D TIP: Try to get when you're hanging on the moving platform...BUT DONT GET UP!
Posted on 07-08-11, 08:22 pm
Micro-Goomba

Posted by ray
Our hack is WITH mysterys ;D TIP: Try to get when you're hanging on the moving platform...BUT DONT GET UP!

Thank you but i go in the pipe and theres no where to go but 3 random marks? Its frustrating lol help me! Or a tip
Pages: 12345 »